Sunday, January 15, 2012

Faith is Power!

From: Bryan Todd
Date: January 15, 2012
Subject: Faith is Power!

Hello!

As you can see from the subject line of this email, I know that Faith is power. It's something that I have always known, but haven't always realized. But, faith truly is power.

I was creating a lesson plan on the gospel of Jesus Christ this morning. After gathering some information on how it is through Jesus Christ and His atonement that we can be cleansed from sin, I moved on to Faith in Jesus Christ. As I studied some scriptures, I had thoughts come into my head about how all miracles are wrought by faith.
"And ye may know that he is, by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men, the same today and tomorrow, and forever." (Moroni 10:7) God works accorsing to our faith. We are endowed with power according to our faith. And it is by that power that we will see tender mercies, miracles, or call them what you may. But it is by the power of faith, those experiences will occur in our lives.

Well, this week was pretty ordinary. It was a good week as usual here. It was actually a little hotter than it's been, and it even rained yesterday. I was told that usually doesn't happen in cold season. But things are great.

I had the chance to exchange with Elder Heap. It was really fun being with someone from my MTC group! We were able to work together well. And we're both at the point now where we don't have to guess what people are saying. We can actually understand what they are saying, and we can speak! It's so cool, and so much fun!

Our investigators are doing well too! We have this couple, a member (Brother Sutheep) referred to us. They are his neice and nephew-in-law. Hmeow and Nawa. They are doing so well! They are way fun to teach and really get it. Hmeow stopped saying her buddhist prayers and now she prays 10 or more times in a day! She has really found that the Lord will open when we knock.

Also, A is doing super well! He understands the commandments, and he is just pounding through the Book of Mormon! He understands that really well too! It's so much fun! I remember John said that I would be able to have fun on my mission, and still be obedient. I have learned that with Elder Wagstaff. Goofing off does not equate to fun. The most fun, most fullfilling times are when we see the miracles that are wrought in these poeples' lives. As we see them change. and come unto Christ. It's true happiness. It's true fullfillment.

My Father in Heaven is allowing me to taste of His work, and His glory, as a representative of Him, and of Jesus Christ. I am truly grateful for this. I know that this gospel is complete, and 100% true. If you doubt it, you should prayerfully read the Book of Mormon. If you do so, you will not be able to deny it's divinity.
I love you and pray that the Lord will bless and keep you.
Love,
Elder Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment