Sunday, June 17, 2012

Teaching in Chiang Rai



Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 
From: bryan.todd@myldsmail.net

สวัสดี็้็็็็็็ครับผม 


How are you all doing? This week was a really good week. The Lord really เทพร, poured out blessings upon us. It felt really good.

Tuesday actually started off slowly. We had some appointments no show on us,  which really was a bummer.  One of them was MaBrang and she isn't learning anymore. Her friend who referred her said she was mostly interested in BYU-Hawaii, so that was disappointing.  But then went on to English class. We had a bunch of new people show up to class. We do splits with the members and then Elder Haughton teaches English and I teach a short introductory lesson to the new people. So I was able to teach three lessons from that. It was really good. One of the ladies we taught said she wasn't interested, but then when we shared a spirtual thought about the resurrection, she changed her mind and said she wanted to learn. We also found this other guy, Leck. He is 20 and wants the whole world to repent. He has a baptismal date for the 28th of July.  That was really a tender mercy to be able to teach him. 

On Wednesday, we had the Zone Leaders come up to teach District Meeting. The meeting was all about our purpose and how we need to fulfill it. The ZL's taught the importance of having love for everyone. It was really good. I really just learned a lot about having more charity. Then Elder Wagstaff and I went out to work. It's cool I got to work with him one last time before he will จบ(cob) his mission. We had a good time, we went and taught our investigator Bird. He is doing really well, and loves coming to church! He listens too which is good for a 10-year old. He said he wants to be a missionary too along with his friend Bank. We also went out to teach Bow and Jaa at Mae Fah Luang University. They were doing alright. They aren't putting a whole lot of effort into coming to church. But they just need time. 

On Thursday we had a really good lesson with Naen. She is doing very well. We taught her about keeping the Sabbath holy and how it would be good if she didn't work on Sundays.  She said it'll be hard because no one gets Sundays off at her workplace.  But Like Nephi promises, God will prepare a way. It's all about having the faith sufficient to obey God, even if it requires miracles. We gave her Ether 12 to read, and she loved it. That is my favorite chapter in the scriptures on faith. I read it in the MTC and it really established a good foundation for my entire mission. I LOVE it. 

Naen called us up to tell us she loved it too--especially verse 27. "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weaknesses. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me: for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." That verse really is amazing if we think about it. If we ponder on how weak we really are and how we rely upon God for everything, we are forced to stay humble and always remember Him. We must remember our God day and night and always do what He would have us do. Naen still hasn't had a chance to talk with her boss, but please keep her in your prayers, along with Bird, and Leck, and Ice. Ice is being difficult. No one can get a hold of him. So we'll see what happens there.

One other thing that I was thinking about this morning was repentance. What a great principle it is. It lies at the core of missionary work. Having faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ sufficient enough to repent is essential. Really believing that there is a balm of Gilead is huge. That there is a way for us to be healed from our sins is beyond description.   

I love Alma 29. "O that I was an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!  Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of he earth." 

We all have the responsiblitity to help our friends neighbors, family members, and co-workers repent and come unto Christ with broken hearts and contrite spirits and be saved. I know that this gospel is true. This is the Lord's kingdom on the earth. And it will fulfill its divinely mandated destiny. 

I love you all. I am grateful for repentance that is possible for the sacrifice of the Savior.  For that, thanks be to God. 

Love,
Elder Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment