Monday, December 10, 2012

December in Pakkret


Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:18:19 +0700
From: bryan.todd@myldsmail.net


Hey! How is everyone?

Well, it's getting closer to Christmas. I really hope that you're all taking more time to really remember the Savior. It's cool for me to think about Him. I think about Him as the man I work for. It's really special to be in the service of the Master, and the best part is that we don't have to be full-time missionaries to do so. 

Elder Patterson and I have had the opportunity to talk to and help some of the members of our zone. It's been a special blessing and really has helped me understand more of my purpose. One of the things that has hit me as I have tried to focus on serving the Lord is something that was pointed out to me by another missionary. He was talking about how every temple and every church building has on its front, the sacred name of Jesus Christ.  He went on, pointing out that the biggest name on our missionary name tags is Jesus Christ. This missionary made the connection that we are like temples, and we also bear His name. That's a special responsibility, for as we learn in the epistle to the Corinthians, we are actually temples. As I pondered the idea, the thought hit me, that it isn't important whether or not we have a name tag on our person. When we were baptized we all promised that we would always be worthy to have the Savior's name on our hearts, and that we would bear His name through our actions. So that is my challenge to you this week--to  truly, in everything that you do, honor our Redeemer's name through actions. Faith- true faith in Him, will produce works that are worthy of His name. That's what I am focusing on. 

Well, we were busy this week. Right now if you asked us if we have a lot of investigators the answer is no. But the people that we do have are all excellent and full of faith. They seem willing to act. It's a great blessing as we focus more than ever on finding them that will receive us. 

One investigator is Fone. She's doing well. Unfortunately she hasn't been able to make it to church yet. She is an investigator from English class. She said she already told her family that she's done with any budhist ordinances becasue she's converting! What great faith! She's got a lot of questions. We taught her about the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity this week. The question of "why" always seems to come up in these lessons. But she was willing to live them. She didn't have a problem with anything except drinking tea. So that's good. But the thing that was interesting to me was she couldn't seem to grasp the concept of the Plan of Salvation. It's so different from what they have been taught. I think we often take that for granted. Sometimes people just can't seem to grasp the fact that we're only born once. But other people feel that the Plan of Salvation just gives them what they were missing from life. Anyway, Fone is great and she's still progressing. 

Then, the other day we had a member say he had an investigator for us. He took us to this member's house who lets other members sleep there too. Brother Sam is his name. He's way good. Anyway, his Aunt Nong came to their house in an answer to Sam's mom's prayer. They cut suits and dresses. Tailor? I think is what we call them. Anyway, they just were overloaded with work. But Nong showed up. then she was surprised by the way all the other 6 people loved their religion. She was really interested. So we taught her. She came to a baptism on Saturday. After I said, "Do you want baptism?"   She said, "Well, I'm not ready to share my testimony."
But she definitely wants to learn! The Lord is blessing us. President Senior told us to stop asking the members for referrals. Well we did and now they're coming!

That baptism was special. It wasn't our investigator, but Elder Price's. I interviewed her last week. She had a great testimony! Apparently,the interview was a great excperiece for her. I attribute it to the Lord. But she chose Memto to baptize her. That was really a humbling experience. I'll try and get pictures next week. 

Also I have been asked to sing in a choir fro the Christmas program this Friday/Saturday. So that's great! 

Well, that's my update! Love you all!
-- 
้ด้วยความรัก


เอ็ลเดอร์ทอดด์

No comments:

Post a Comment