Sunday, December 11, 2011

Staying in Roi Et with Elder Wagstaff!! Things are great!

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:38:25 +0700
Subject: hey
From: bryan.todd@myldsmail.net

Another week in Roi Et!

I feel so lucky and so blessed that I am still in Roi Et! Yes, I didn't get transfered. It's weird though. I will have lived here for almost six months. It's been fantastic, and I am really looking forward to having a great time here.

This week was a great week. I am trying to make my emails contain a little more information so I wrote down some cool things that happened each day.

So first off, last Monday at dinner, I ate fish. And guess what? Fish doesn't taste the way it smells! It was actually good. I have been expanding my horizons for what I will eat. I can also stomach tomatoes now, so thats a good thing.

Thursday morning, we got a call from a member saying that there was smoke coming out of the church. So we went to see what was wrong. There was some sort of short with some of the air machines and I guess there was fire coming out of them. Luckily the power in the whole building went out before too much damage was done, so the church is fine. That is a good thing, because yesterday at church we had more than 100 people for the second time since I have been here! It was great!

Roi Et's branch is actually bigger than some of the wards in Bangkok. The members here are so great; they are so willing to help. It really makes a big difference. And with the help of Preach My Gospel chapter 13, we are able to work with the branch effectively. The members are willing to give us referrals. Actually, one referral, a sister's nephew, Jojo passed his baptismal interview with the Zone Leaders yesterday and will be getting baptized this Sunday! We're really happy for him. He wants it really badly too.

I had a really cool experience this week. Elder Wagstaff had to go to Mahasarkham to interview one of their investigators, but we had 5 lessons that we needed to teach. Mahasarakham is about 45 minutes away. So we exchanged with members, and I went by myself with a member to teach the five appointments. It was really great. And they all went well. I didn't speak English for about 6 hours except for a few phone calls. It really stretched me, but it testified to me that the Lord truly does qualify those He calls.

This week Elder Wagstaff and I implemented a finding tool that is in Preach My Gospel Chapter 9. We opened up a scripture study class for investigators and their friends. We did a test run with it this week, and a few members and two of the sisters' investigators showed up. It was really good. The investigators asked if we would hold it the next day. We are hoping that they will start bringing their friends, and hopefully their friends will be interested and learn. Each week, the more I study in Preach My Gospel, the more it just makes sense to use it. It was made for a reason, and that reason was to help this work progress.

This week we also had a really good district meeting. Because it was Sister Itow's last meeting, Elder Wagstaff asked her to take some time to talk about what she thinks we could do to be a more effective district and better focused as missionaries. She chose Doctrine and Covenants section 4. We went through and broke it down verse by verse, picking it apart, and talking about how it can apply to us. It just makes more sense to me now that I am part of that "Marvelous work."

Well, Things here are good! It's cold! It was 19 degrees this morning when we woke up. Of course that is Celcius, but still way cold! And it's been pretty windy too. But I woulndn't trade what i'm doing for anything!

I love you all! Be safe! Remember the TRUE spirit of this season.

Love,
Elder Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment