Sunday, November 4, 2012

TRAINING IN KHON KAEN/TEACHING IN KORAT

Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 11:50:17 
From: bryan.todd@myldsmail.net

Hey! How are you all?


Aren't things just fantastic? I have to say they are!

We had another week full of blessings from the Lord. One of them was that the family who we got to work with last week, Brother Ton and Sister Saeng, came back to church along with their daughters, Bell and Gift. It was a great thing to see the branch welcome them back with open arms! There were some members who were very excited to see them! During the fast and testimony meeting,  brother Tong gave a great testimony about how he was ready to serve the Lord! So that'll be great to get that family coming to church again! It really was a testimony builder to me that no one is ever forgotten by our Heavenly Father. God doesn't, or perhaps because of His pure love cannot, leave any of us alone. He won't ever forget us. 

We also had the opportunity to go to a leadership training in Khon Kaen this last Thursday. It was really good. So we got there, and the Assistants came in and said that President Senior wanted to be there but he couldn't make it. That was a bit of a bummer-- but the training was awesome. As it started, I looked around the room. I saw all of these 20-21 year old men sitting down holding a meeting. I thought, "this is so cool. We're not just here hanging out because there is no supervision. We're doing what our leader has asked of us."

 I asked my self why this was so. The answer came to me in the form of the Savior's words: "If ye love me, keep my commandments." 
We conducted that meeting with order and focus, out of a love for our Savior and our Leader. It was so cool to me to be with missionaries who understand their purpose. I'm grateful to the Lord for their good examples.

Another cool experience was a few weeks ago, Elder Khanakham, from the mission presidency was visiting Korat. He asked me if I would hold a training for the branch missionaries. He wanted me to help them understand how to use Preach My Gospel and how to teach. So, on Saturday I gave a training. I really felt the Lord's hand as I planned to talk to them about their role and how to use Preach My Gospel. But, as seems to happen so often times as we teach, I was the one who was taught. These missionaries, most of them young men, (priest age), were great teachers! And they explained the doctrines in very simple terms. I know that part of their success is that they are native Thai's, but that's not the point. The point is that it showed to me that it doesn't matter who you are, where you're from or how old you are. If the Lord wants to make you a teacher, He can and will. 

Well,  as far as our investigators, things are progressing. Thank you for your prayers for all of these people, especially Cherry. She needs the help. It's really sad to see someone so addicted. But, the Lord can help us overcome all things. That is the truth. This week we're really going to make a push for her! So as we do, please don't forget her. She's still coming to church and keeping commitments. We're just really praying for her. 

Oom is on fire! In just one week she's through 1 Nephi well into second Nephi! She prays daily as well! She did say no to baptism for now. It's one of those cultural concerns. Her in-laws aren't too partial to the church. And since she lives in the military base,  a lot of people have told her and Cherry that if they convert they're betraying their country and religion. That's something sad to hear. But these women aren't letting those faith shakers get them down! In the face of adversity they are standing strong. It will help as they prepare to make the covenant to stand as a witness. I'm grateful to the Lord for all the blessings we have received. 

Well, I love you all tons!

Love Elder Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment