Sunday, February 26, 2012

20th Birthday in Thonburi

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:44:06 +0700

Hey Everybody! How are you all doing?

I'm doing great! Now that I'm 20, my body is old and slow now, but I'm great! ยินดีด้วย! haha

This week was a good week. More difficult for sure, but we made it through.

We had some interesting experiences. On Monday night, we were passing out fliers for our English Class. It was the day before Valentine's Day and there was a lot of stuff such as roses, candy, etc. being sold on the street. I don't know if it's because I'm a missionary or what, but what I saw reminded me of what President Monson talked about last conference.

He told us that the world's standards and our standards are growing apart more and more. The talk is titled, "Stand in Holy Places." (I think that's what it was called). It was the Sunday Morning session in October 2011. I would encourage everyone to go back and read it, or to listen to it on lds.org.
President Monson reminds us to stand in holy places. In all things that we do, he says, we must stand in holy places.

I love a statement by C.S. Lewis, I've probably shared it before but he said, "Our leisure, even our play is a matter of serious concern. Every second, every square inch is claimed by God, and counter claimed by Satan." It's so true. Every day we make choices that will bring us closer to God or not. If they don't, they pull us away from Him.

We must pray always to the father. "Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always lest ye enter into temptation; for Satan desireth to have you, that he may sift you as wheat. (3 Nephi 18:18)" Always watch and pray often. I love you all and hope that we can all find joy in repentance daily.

That's what i got to do on my 20th birthday. I got to cry repentance to the people of Thailand. I was teaching a lady with Elder Chamberlain (we were on an exchange) and we were talking about I don't remember what, but I just felt prompted to say that everyone needs to repent. It doesn't matter who you are. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 6:2?)." I walked away tihnking, "what better way to spend my birthday than sharing the precious gem of the gospel of repentance with the world?"
Indeed the firstfruits of repentance are baptism by water, then by fire, and the Holy Ghost. I love this gospel so much. Repentance is a beautiful gift from God.

This week was good. This email is going to be short. I'm sorry, but there's not a whole lot new, and that includes new investigators. Please pray that we will be able to find those that the Lord is preparing here.

On Saturday the ward had a great activity. The Bishop is really solid. I'm super impressed with him. He is so focused on getting people to the temple. I think he has talked about that almost every week. You all live relatively close, so please go if you can. Make time for the Lord.

Next week will be better.

Be safe and smart.
Love,
Elder Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment