Sunday, February 26, 2012

Transfers on Tuesday--Will he stay or will he go?

Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:56:37 +0700

Hello!

How are you all doing? I'm doing well here and I'm healthy.

Sorry this is later than usual, but we had a zone sports day this morning at Lumphini Park. It was really fun and we got to play ultimate frisbee together. But it was really hot.

Lumphini is a really cool place. I think it is where President Hinckley dedicated Thailand. There are Komodo Dragons all over the place. They just live there and hang out. Kinda crazy. I remember what a big deal it was when the Hogle Zoo had one of them. But they just roam free in Bangkok.

After Lumphini Park, Elder Inthavong wanted to buy a watch at Pratunam. This is a really big market. So we went there and got some watches. They have so much stuff there. They sell stuff that factories don't sell or knock offs. There are tons of Harrods bags. The Anglophiles in our family should love that.

This week was good though. On Friday we went to the mission office because I had to get a work permit. This will take the place of my visa so I don't have to go renew every 90 days. Instead, I am legal for a year without renewing. So that will be really nice.

I was able to get my packages there. Thank you so much for all the love you sent me through the mail.

Not a whole lot happened this week. I was on an exchange in Bang Khae from Monday night until District meeting on Wednesday. It's so wierd, our district leader is going home on Thursday. I'm so glad that I still have so much time left, but I don't like how fast it is going. I'm really enjoying the experience. It's truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that I hope everysingle young man takes advantage of.

We have this one investigator who is Christian. His name is Banjeud. He is pretty solid. He knows his bible so well! It's crazy. He was talking to me about Joseph and Potihper's wife and how Joseph did the right thing and that kind of stuff. I was so surprised how well he knows his Bible. I'm just glad that I have been reading the Old Testament so I could talk to him about it.

Then we have this other investigator. Her name is Main. She is good. She really wants to get a testimony before she does anything with baptism. She is afraid of getting baptized and then falling back into Buddhist traditions. I just keep thinking how important faith is. It is power. It is the power to make things happen in our lives. Gene R. Cook gave a really good talk on Faith in The Lord Jesus Chirst at BYU in the 80's I think. I would encourage you all to read that if you get the chance.

One thing that has been on my mind this week is testimony. It's so important for us to share our testimonies with others so that they can grow. It's part of imparting of our substance to all men. Then, as we do that, the Lord blesses us with more. I challenge you all to be more bold in sharing your testimony with others this week.

Yesterday one of the senior missionaries came to the ward here and I got to help translate for him. It was really cool, and testified to me of the gift of tongues. There really is no other way that I could be able to translate, or even speak Thai if it weren't for the power of God helping me. I know that the gifts of the spirit are very real, and we should always strive for them.

Well, sorry there isn't a whole lot this week. I forgot to write down everything that I wanted to say. I'll try and make next week better. I love you all so much! Be safe smart and faithful.

Love ,
Elder Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment